March 25, 2018 – Matthew 21:1-11 – Pastor Zeke Mack
In celebration of Palm Sunday, Pastor Zeke encourages us to “…put our trust in the Sovereign King of our salvation.”
Click here to download the MP3.
Main Points & Outline
S.E.E.ing 3 Aspects of His Kingship
- Sovereign (v. 1-5)
- Jesus is all knowing and all powerful.
- He is in control and He is good.
- Application: Are there areas of your life that you struggle to give to God?
- Exceeds our Expectations (v. 5-11)
- Zechariah 9:9
- As humans we often have a limited expectation of God’s plan.
- The salvation of our souls is more important than our earthly condition.
- How does this passage speak to difficult situations in our lives that we have trouble understanding?
- Eternal (Revelation 19:11-16)
- Jesus’ kingdom is going to last forever!
- Zechariah 9 is going to fully come to pass.
Scripture: Matthew 21:1-11
Now when they drew near to Jerusalem and came to Bethphage, to the Mount of Olives, then Jesus sent two disciples, 2 saying to them, “Go into the village in front of you, and immediately you will find a donkey tied, and a colt with her. Untie them and bring them to me. 3 If anyone says anything to you, you shall say, ‘The Lord needs them,’ and he will send them at once.” 4 This took place to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet, saying,
5 “Say to the daughter of Zion,
‘Behold, your king is coming to you,
humble, and mounted on a donkey,
on a colt, the foal of a beast of burden.’”
6 The disciples went and did as Jesus had directed them. 7 They brought the donkey and the colt and put on them their cloaks, and he sat on them. 8 Most of the crowd spread their cloaks on the road, and others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road. 9 And the crowds that went before him and that followed him were shouting, “Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!” 10 And when he entered Jerusalem, the whole city was stirred up, saying, “Who is this?” 11 And the crowds said, “This is the prophet Jesus, from Nazareth of Galilee.” (ESV)